Westside Christian School Corona Virus (COVID-19) Protocol
At Westside Christian School, the health, saftey and protection of our children, staff and extended school families is one of our highest priorities. We understand this is one of the valuable services we provide and one that is expected by those we serve.
The purpose of this document is to provide the Corona Virus (COVID-19) health and safety protocol.
Our COVID-19 Health and Safety Practices
We take extreme care to maintain a safe and healthy school environment for the children, staff, and visitors. This includes enhanced safety precautions due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. We are closely following the guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as state and local health authorities.
We have enhanced our already rigourous health protocols, such as:
- Protective Masks: Face coverings are required for any adult entering the building. We provide face coverings to all staff members when working at school with children. Please do your part to care for us, while we care for you.
- Taking Temperatures: We are now screening all staff members and children upon arrival at school to check for raised temperatures and evident symptoms.
- Limited Classroom Access: To curb the spread of germs and control group size, we are limiting parents, family members, visitors to the school common areas only.
- Wellness Checks: Regular wellness checks will be conducted throughout the day. The parents of children showing symptoms of illness will be notified immediately and asked to pick-up their child in order to help reduce the chance of infecting others.
- Hot lunch to our student and staff: All students are required to bring their own nutritional morning snack and complete lunch with a drink. (Please do not bring microwavable items.)
- Enhanced Health Practices: We have strengthened our existing cleanliness and hygiene practices which now includes more frequent hand washing, cleaning and sanitizing surfaces and items in classrooms.
* Westside Christian School is not requiring children to wear their mask in the classroom, or on the playground though they will need to have one available in their backpack.
Attendance (in case of a potential illness)
In the case where a child or staff member is or suspected to have been exposed to the Corona Virus, we are requiring that the child or staff member say home from school for 14 days following the last potential exposure, if any member of the household has (or may have) a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19. In addition:
- We observe the children’s health throughout the day and respond appropriately as needed if we detect any potential signs of illness.
- If your child does become ill at school, we will call you immediately so they can be picked up as soon as possible. Should that occur, please be sure to pick up your child promptly for their well-being, and to help us limit the spread of illness.
- Before returning to school you must have a release form from the doctor’s office.
Overall, the best way to ensure our students have limited exposure to germs is by keeping children home when they are ill and/or contagious. We ask that you please watch your child closely and contact your physician if your child appears to be feeling under the weather. Please remember your child must be kept home if they display any signs of illness.
We are following the CDC guidance for childcare providers as it relates to travel. The Travel Advisory lists areas of the world that are heavily affected by COVID-19, requiring those who have traveled to these locations and members of their household to refrain from entering school for 14 days upon return. This applies to our children, families, and staff members.
We will make regular updates as guidelines are adjusted and new information becomes available. Please contact Westside Christian School at any time if you have any questions or need additional information.